PrepSTEP is packed with powerful resources including practice tests, tutorials, e-books, articles and flashcards to help students:
- Improve core skills in English language arts, math and science, social studies and computers
- Prepare for AP®, SAT®, ACT® and other college entrance exams
- Prepare for military entrance tests (ASVAB, CFAT)
- Explore colleges and careers
- Search for scholarships
- Prepare for occupational certification tests (e.g., allied health, nursing, teaching and many more)
Access to ebooks and audiobooks through the Destiny Discover App:
1. Go to Destiny and login. In the upper right hand corner you will see the "login" button. Both your username and password are your student IDnumber.
2. Click on "catalog" at the top, and then Destiny Discover on the left. This will be your first login to the shelf and allow you to use the app.
3. On your device, go to the app store and download Destiny Discover.
4. Open the app once it is downloaded.
5. Choose Pennsylvania as your location and GVHS as your school.
6. Enter in your username and password – both will be your student ID number.
7. Click on the box to stay signed in so next time all you will need to put in is your password (lunch account number).
8. Click on My Library to see all eBooks and audioBooks. Click My eReader to view ebooks or Audiobooks you have checked out.
9. You can search ebooks and audiobooks by typing in the title and it will show an E for ebooks and a sound icon for audiobooks.
Access to ebooks and audiobooks from a COMPUTER:
1. Open a web browser and go to the library catalog Destiny through the library page or by clicking HERE.
2. Click on Garnet Valley High School and then click on Login in the upper right hand corner.
3. Enter your username and password – both are your lunch account # .
4. In Library Search you can find ebooks and audiobooks by typing the title into the search box, just like any other book, but it will show an E for ebooks and a sound icon for audiobooks.
5. OR you can click on Destiny Discover on the left hand column to only search for ebooks and audiobooks.
For Kindles, Nooks, or other devices you can find more information by clicking HERE.
IMPORTANT - Check out your eBooks and Audiobooks:
You may read or listen to these online books without checking them out but if you’d like to continue later make sure you click on Check Out.This will put the book into your Bookbag at the top of the screen – otherwise somebody else may check out the book or read it and only one student can view or listen to each book at one time.
Need a library card while stuck at home? Just email your name, address, phone number, and birthday to firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll email you back a barcode that you can use to access eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers...