CALL IT COURAGE
1.) Choose a topic from Call it Courage.
2.) Research your topic using two sources you learned about from Ms. Gress. Don’t forget about “hard copy” resources like books and encyclopedias!
3.) Take notes about the important facts about your topic. Notes should be paraphrased.
4.) Write at least one organized paragraph about your topic that includes an introduction, a body with details, and a conclusion. If longer than one paragraph, be sure you divide your writing into several paragraphs!
5.) Cite your sources using the appropriate Works Cited format at the end of your piece.
· Creative title _______/1
· Paraphrasing (you MUST be sure your words are your own!) _______/5
· Strong intro (hook the reader!) and conclusion _______/3
· Three (3) transitional phrases with commas – use pink sheet! _______/6
· One (1) properly-used semicolon _______/3
· Conventions (proofread carefully!) _______/5
· Two sources in Works Cited _______/4
· Works Cited format is correct (check the small stuff!) _______/5
· Correct academic format (d/s, heading, title, Works Cited title are bolded) _______/3
Total Score _______/35
CALL IT COURAGE RESEARCH
Keep this simple!!!
Create one slide that includes the following:
1.) Creative title /1
2.) 3 transitional phrase sentences
plus two other interesting facts /15
3.) Your name (first and last) /1
4.) At least one picture /3
Total Points /20
· Record yourself reading your bulleted information.
· Add the sound bite to your slide.
· When you’re finished, you will save the slide into your class’ Call it Courage folder under the Ms. Subach folder under the Unified Arts Drive. Whew!
· I will combine the slides and play them as a slide show so we can all learn about each other’s topics. J